I was told the Black ear & scalp BUG is a ME3Explorer Bug. I installed a hair mod and till this I have black ears and a black scalp.
Is it a ME3Explorer bug?
Is there a solution for this bug WITHOUT re-installing ALL files again and rebuilt the ME3Explorer Tree (DLC unpack) again? I try to delete the files in Documents and I copy the Vanilla files in it. But this does NOT work.
As to whether what you've experienced is a result of the mod or the toolset, you'd have to link the download page for the mod. Hair mods are notorious for problems. We'd be rich by now if we had a dollar for every user who asked about bugs with hair mods between the old forum and this new one. To my knowledge, there's never been a bug with the toolset specific to hair mods. The problem is normally with the mod, the install instructions for the mod, the user, or a combination of all three.
When mods don't install properly vanillaing is the only solution. If you create a manual backup, as instructed to on the wiki, then this shouldn't be a problem. You should also be backing up your extracted DLC, as instructed on the wiki.
I read your tutorials and so I made a Backup of ALL my Vanilla files. A bit crazy but .... it works. It was not sooooo mutch works to "remake" my game:
I put in the vanilla files in C (where the game is installed) and in "Documents" (where the savegames are). Than I made a "repair" through Origin. Than I had to Unpack all the DLC's with the ME3Explorer. This took some time, but it was ok. The Bug is gone.
I was just wonder, because until now a lot of mods work really good with the ME3Explorer. I have no problems until now. Seem also to work with the MEHEM mod (I installed it BEFORE Unpacking the DLC's in the ME3Explorer).
It all depends on the format the hair mod is distributed in. Unless you link it, we can't help. The most common problem is deprecation of .mod files, which is not a new occurrence. This has always happened with Mod Maker.
Also, game files are never installed to "Documents". The only content that resides there are your saved games and a few other things.
oh I made a copy from EVERYTHING in this game. I told you: A bit crazy, but: SURE! If you are a Noob, better you make a few copies more. I googled first about this problem with the Black-ear-and-skalp-Bug. :-) I thought: "Google first before you ask". And I found a message in a forum where somebody wrote that he solve this Bug with Re-Vanilla all the files in "Documents" (not the Savegames). It dit not work for me.
We're very familiar with that site and many, many, MANY users have problems successfully installing those mods. As to whether the fault is with the user or the mod itself, I can't say, but unless you're trying to install a MOD file that's too old, the fault isn't with the toolset.
Locking this thread, as this is ultimately a mod support question and out of the scope of this forum.