Sorry to hear that, but perhaps it can be viewed in a positive light. I've lost chunks of work before and had to remake them, which forced me to take what I had and remold them into something that was even better than it was before.
Cheers for the support! It's pretty tough to lose it, but I'm hoping my mod will turn out stronger for it, we'll see how it turns out.
So far I've restored all the star systems (I had to write new descriptions for half the planets), the Baria Frontiers store has been restored, as have my more immersive items for medi-gel upgrades, most new GAW assets & images, and a host of new spectre terminal messages, a half-dozen shadow broker messages and a new private terminal message. On top of that, I created a pair of brand new text adventures that I'm rather proud of, both are short and are anomalies, kind of like the N7 missions in ME2.
What is there to do?
- Spectre Terminal Authorisations; every one of these needs to be restored, but before I do I want to run through them again to make sure they are laid out in a decent way. - Spectre Terminal Messages; there are a handful of new messages I've not re-added, they'll get finished tomorrow. - Galaxy Map Textures; some new textures that I added to the galaxy map aren't working and I've no idea why, they need to be fixed. - Restore the Virtual Alien storyline.
As you can see I've got quite a bit left to do, but I'm getting there. Gradually.
I believe I have now finished all the Sequencing work for the restored mod! There is a chance there will be more, but everything appears to be working as intended, so I'm thrilled. This doesn't mean I'm about to release, as I still have these to do:
1) Finish off the final message of a new text adventure (just needs a few lines redone). 2) Double-check all text for inconsistencies, errors or poor writing. 3) Find the new art and restore some of the pieces broken when almost all of my original version was destroyed. 4) Test it!
Will Spectre still be released in modules, or is the release now a cumulative final release? Any ETA on Respawn 1.2?
Hey sm00th29, thanks for the questions.
You might have seen earlier that I lost an awful lot of work when my HDD died, all my hard work on Respawn 1.2 was lost, but more importantly almost the entirety of Spectre mod. Spectre mod is more vital to me at this time, and I'm close to restoring it as it was, so I haven't yet managed to put in any work into Respawn 1.2. With 1.2 I'll likely focus on fixing some bugs rather than expanding my consequence-based spawns that I've applied to a few of the missions so far.
Spectre's 1.0 release won't be the final release, but it will contain the majority of my additions. These include many new mails across Private, Spectre and Shadow Broker terminals, over a dozen new authorisations in the Spectre Terminal, new star systems and GAW Assets in them, a new store, two mini-text adventures and also will include the beginnings of a new text-based mission that starts when you interact with a terminal on Sur'kesh. My intention is to update the mod gradually over time to finish that text-based storyline, and to add other small bits and pieces. But the majority of the mod will release with 1.0.
It's been quite some time since I gave people an update on the status of the mod. So I felt it was time to write it up. I'll write the updates up as a list for you to read, hopefully people will appreciate and understand the delay and will look forward to the content I've been adding:
1. The reason the mod is not out yet is down to texture issues, primarily with the only file that survived my HDD dying (BioD_Nor_203CIC.pcc). This file contains the galaxy map and some other sequences, but the issue lies with new textures that I've added to the galaxy map. I'm currently biding my time to ask one of the experts on how to fix this, but I admit it's disheartening as I just can't release my mod without fixing them. I hope to get them fixed soon but who knows...
2. In the mean time I have been working on adding some of the extra content that I had originally planned to add to later patches. So far this includes the ability to hire mercenary contracts to bolster your war assets (3 out of 4 contracts complete atm; one secret contract, Nalinox Security and Enforcement, and Tiburón Rojo), new star systems & clusters from the lore, new war asset updates to find and the addition of two new galaxy map assignments ("Spectre: Vol Defense Turrets" and "Spectre: Void Devils") including text adventure elements for each. I've also been fixing other issues now and then, such as oversights of slightly incorrect conditionals. Nothing particularly interesting but it works all the better for it.
3. I have also finished writing up a list of all remaining assets, star systems and new assignments I'd like to add before I consider the mod complete. Most of these will be added via patches, but if I finish any before release then they will be in the 1.0 release.
I'll try not to leave such a long gap between updates next time.