Been checking out a number of Andromeda videos lately (what with the release coming in 9 days now, lol), here's my random thoughts based on what I've seen:
- The facial animation and expressions for the humans and human-like aliens, such as the asari, are, frankly.... really F'ing terrible
I really don't understand how BioWare can be having such issues with this now in this game, as I thought the facial animation in both Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition were for the most part really well done. Fortunately, the animations for the turian, krogan, and salarian faces all seem as good as they were in ME3.
- To me, Cora's character design makes me think that BW combined the "sex appeal" design of ME3 Ashley with Miranda's ass, then gave her short blonde hair
(funny enough, I think they actually based her design off of one of Miranda's original concept designs where she had short blonde hair, lol)
- Was worried when I first saw him that Liam was going to be another Jacob (aka, bland as a brick), but he seems kinda fun, several humorous situations involving him and Ryder were featured in one of the recent missions BW showed off
- Holy shit, we actually get to see female krogans' faces, wearing normal krogan clothes and armor and not those burka-like shrouds!
- I can already tell that Drak and Vetra are going to be constant members of my squad (krogan and turian all the way, especially since I can't get a quarian squadmate... lol)
- One of the Andromeda Initiative briefing videos mention that one of the worlds is dexro-based and that it could serve as a world for the AI's turian and quarian passengers.... so, wait? Does that mean there's actually quarians in this game?
..... is there a female quarian with an interest in tech and a lovely accent that I can romance? lol
- So, the turian in charge of Nexus military (and handles the Multiplayer bullshit...) is named Kandros...... hmmm, wonder if there's any relation to Nyreen? (just like if Cora Harper has any relation to Jack Harper aka TIM.... lol)
- Still not sold yet on the jetpack, but will say, I like how it allows the devs to design maps and levels with verticality in mind
- Have to put a spoiler for this next one:
So Liara actually makes an appearance in ME: Andromeda.... in the form of a series of voice entries on studying dead alien races and archaeology, found in Alex Ryder's room
Because OF COURSE Mac Waters had to include her is some capacity....
- Ok, am I the only one that's kinda bothered by this?
So, the Andromeda Initiative left the Milky Way Galaxy in 2185, just a few months before the events of ME2 and well before the Reaper War in 2186..... yet apparently, the military officers and soldiers of the AI have access to guns and weaponry that, according to the existing ME timeline, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE ACCESS TO IN ANY WAY!!!
The Widow (a GETH sniper rifle), the Black Widow (an Alliance-modified version of the Widow), the N7 Valkyrie and other N7 weapons, the Omni-Blade (primarily developed for soldiers in the Reaper War) - how in the flying f*ck does the Andromeda Initiative have access to any of these weapon technologies if they left nearly 2 years before they were developed?!?